TelexExternal LinkInternal LinkInventory Cache
This nOde last updated January 8th, 2006 and is
(13 Imix (Alligator) / 19 K'ank'in - 221/260 -
1.Owing political allegiance
to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or
or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.
1.An unnaturalized foreign
resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
2.A person from another
and very different family, people, or place.
3.A person who is not
in a group; an outsider.
4.A creature from outer
fiction about an invasion of aliens.
5.Ecology. A plant or an
animal that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not
aliened, aliening, aliens
To transfer (property) to another; alienate.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin
from alius, other.]
1. The act of alienating
or the condition of being alienated; estrangement: Alcoholism often
to the alienation of family and friends.
2. Emotional isolation or
3. Psychology. A state of
estrangement between the self and the objective world or between
parts of the personality.
4. Law. The act of
property or title to it to another.
â´lê-e-) verb, transitive
1.To cause to become
or hostile; estrange: alienate a friend; alienate potential supporters
by taking extreme positions.
2.To cause to become
or unresponsive; isolate or dissociate emotionally: The numbing labor
to alienate workers.
3.To cause to be
turn away: "He succeeded . . . in alienating the affections of my only
ward" (Oscar Wilde).
4.Law. To transfer (property
or a right) to the ownership of another, especially by an act of the
rather than by inheritance.
aliênât-, from Latin aliênus, alien. See alien.]
Through science and technology we will meet the
aliens, and they will be us. -- Norman Spinrad, _The
"All we have learned of psychotherapy suggests
that it is at the precise time when the individual feels as if his
whole life is crashing down around him, that he is most likely to
achieve an inner reorganisation constituting a quantum leap in his growth toward
maturity. Our hope, our belief, is that it is precisely when society's
future seems so beleaguered – when its problems seem almost
staggering in complexity, when so many individuals seem alienated, and
so many values seem to have deteriorated – that it is most likely
to achieve a metamorphosis in society's growth toward maturity, toward
more truly enhancing and fulfilling the human spirit than ever before.
Thus we envision the possibility of an evolutionary leap to a trans-industrial
society that not only has know-how, but also a deep inner knowledge of
what is worth doing."
– Willis Harman
"I think this alien
intelligence is something so bizarre that it actually masquerades as an
extraterrestrial so as not to alarm us by the true implications of what
it is. ...This dualism of the interior and the exterior may have to be
overcome. It obviously transcends the individual . But I suspect
it is something like an Overmind of the species and that the highest
form of human organization is not realized in the democratic
individual. It is realized in a dimension none of us has ever
penetrated--the mind of the species. It is the hand at the tiller
- Terence McKenna
"A more perfect Logos
would seem to be the result--a Logos able to regulate the activity of
ego as it exists in the sum total of individuals living at anytime.
It is like god; it is the human god. It is something that will
to human destiny sometime in the future, and because it will happen, it
is happening. Nothing is unannounced. The ontological mode of the
into which humanity is being propelled is being anticipated by the singularity
that we call the wholly Other or the alien. The alien is teaching
through its reinforcement schedule: It is preparing us to
the god facet of ourselves that our explorations into the nature of
and matter are about to reveal."
HALLUCINATIONS_ by Terence McKenna
I have been thinking about the idea that
extraterrestrials, and this penetration of the popular mind by images
of extraterrestrials, is something that we may not get a hold on until
we accept the possibility that aliens only can exist as information,
and therefore the internet is the
natural landing zone for these alien minds. . . . No matter what the
alien is, we interpret it through human experience, and god knows our
human experience is tweaked enough at the end of the twentieth century.
. . . When you pile up all this stuff and realize that major
discoveries are being made in all these fields simultaneously, you
begin to see the morphogenetic momentum for this "thing" that wants to
be born out of the human species at this point as almost unstoppable
and inevitable. We're all just witnesses to this unfolding. . . . A
multi-sensored dynamic organism that lives on information.
Our wish, our salvation,
and our only hope is to end the historical crisis by becoming the
by ending alienation, by recognizing the alien as the Self, in fact -
the alien as an Overmind that holds all the physical laws of the planet
intact in the same way that one holds an idea intact in one's thoughts.
The givens that are thought to be writ in adamantine are actually
the moods of the Goddess, whose reflection we happen to be. The whole
of human history lies in recovering this piece of lost information
so that man may be dirigible or, to paraphrase James
Joyce's Finnegans Wake on Moicane, the red light
district of Dublin: "Here in Moicane we flop on the seamy side, but up
n'ent, prospector, you sprout all your worth and you woof your wings,
if you want to be Phoenixed,
come and be parked." It is that simple, you see, but it takes courage
be parked when the Grim Reaper draws near. "A blessing in disguise,"
Our institutions, our
are bankrupt and exhausted; we must start anew and hope that with the
inspired personalities, we can cultivate this ancient mystery once
can be unleashed, and the voice that spoke to Plato and Parmenides and
Heraclitus can speak again in the minds of modern people. When it does,
the alienation will be ended because we will have become the alien.
is the promise that is held out; it may seem to some a nightmare
but all historical changes of immense magnitude have a charged
quality. They propel people into a completely new world.
McKenna - _New Maps Of Hyperspace_
- lecture _Angels, Aliens & Archetypes_
- (41:30) by Terence McKenna
film _Alien_ directed by Ridley Scott
- faces: Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt,
Cartwright, Yaphet Kotto, Ian Holm
film _Alien Resurrection_
- Notice that both
(1982) have "artificial persons", and there is ambiguity as to
is/was a real human. _Alien_ and BR are perfectly compatible, the
only problem being that Ash should have been a replicant, as opposed to
- When Deckard enters his apartment at the
background hum is the same distinctive hum as in parts of _ALIEN_.
- the "purge" graphic on the monitor in the
in _Alien_ is the same as the one on the monitor inside the spinner in
- the Alien character has often been
as a Xenomorph
- 604 track _Ash_ by Alien Workshop off
on Chaishop/Cosmophilia (1999)
- release _Half
Machine Lip Moves/Alien Soundtracks_ CD by Chrome on Touch & Go (1978/1979/1990)
- _TV As Eyes_
- _Zombie Warfare
(Can't Let You Down)_
- _March Of The
Chrome Police (A Cold Clamey Bombing)_ MP3
- _You've Been
- _Mondo Anthem_ MP3
- _Half Machine Lip
- _Abstract Nympho_
- _Turned Around_ MP3
- _Zero Time_
- _Creature Eternal_
- _Critical Mass_
- _Chromosome Damage_
- _The Monitors_
- _All Data Lost_ MP3
- _SS Cygni_
- _Nova Feedback_ MP3 (160k)
- _Pygmies In Zee
- _Slip It To The
- _Pharoah Chromium_
- _ST 37_
- _Magnetic Dwarf
- track _Alien She_ MP3 by Bikini Kill off of _Pussywhipped_ CD on
Kill Rock Stars
- track _Alien Be-In_ MP3 by Psychic
TV off of _Towards Thee Infinite
Beat_ 12" on Wax Trax
- track _Praying To The Aliens_ MP3 (160k) by Tubeway Army off of _Replicas_ 12" on
Beggars Banquet (1979)
- 604 track _U.R. The Alien_ MP3 by Brainman off of _Brainfood_ 12"x2 on TIP
- 604 track _Esther Alien_ MP3 (192k) by Space Safari
- 604 track _Alien Pets (Free Tibet
mix)_ MP3 (160k)by Prana off of _Let It Rip_ 12"x3 on MatsuriProductions
- samples: "the beginning of life...";
"there is no final truth..."
- 604 track _Alien Pump_ MP3 by Tandu off of _Multimoods_ on Phonokol (1997)
- 604 track _Alienloop_ MP3 by Kiwa off of 4 track 12" on Surreal
- 604 track _Alien Funk_ MP3 (192k) by Maskalin off of _Trance De Eivissa: The Hidden Outdoor Party
Sound_ compilation 12"x2 on TIPWorld (1999) & a different version off
of _Shamanic Trance: Psiberfunk_ Mix by Mark Allen : Return To The Source
- 604 track _Alien Homes_ MP3
by Orichalcum &
The Deviant off of s/t 12"x2 on TIP
- 604 track _1.3 Crumbs_ MP3 by Growling Mad Scientists off of _Beyond
Colour_ compilation 12"x2 on TIP (1998)
- sample: "An alien approached me. he
started talking to me. And then, I think, he must have used some kind
of a ray or a mind control device. I received this information from an aaaalien..."
- track _Abducted By The Work Aliens_ MP3 by Heavy Vegetable off of _Frisbie_ on
- space rock release _Forever Alien_ by
Spectrum on 3rd Stone (1997)
- 604 release _ISR Aliens - Futuristic Psy-Trance
For The Year 2000_ compilation on Hommega
- 604 track _Alien's Land_ MP3 by MFG off of _New Kind Of World_ 12" on Phonokol (1997)
- 604 track _Alien Banker_ MP3 (192k) by Comadose off of _Rolling Synthochords_
compilation CD on Uphonic (2001)
- 604 track _Chupacabra_ by Alien off of
_More Signs Of Life_ compilation on Blue
- 604 track _Alien Prophecy_ MP3 by State Of Trance
off of _The Language Of Light_ compilation on Ceiba
- 604 track _Aliens_ MP3 (192k) by Total
Eclipse off of _Aliens/Sound Is Solid_ 12" onDragonfly/Butterfly (1994)
- 604 release _Alien
Protein_ by Etnica
- _Screaming Butterfly_ MP3
- _Chakra Active8_ MP3
- _Party Droid_ MP3
- _Z Plane Sunrise_
- _Microdrive_ MP3
- _Starship 101_ MP3
- _Deep East_ MP3
- _Trip Tonite_ MP3
- 604 entity Alien Project
- track _Genetic Eyes_ MP3 (192k) by Alien Project feat. Asterix
- track _Active_ MP3 (192k) by GMS vs. Alien Project
- track _Beat
Static_ MP3 (192k) by Alien
Project & Orion
- track _Desert Incident_ MP3 (192k)
- track _Twins_ MP3 (192k)
- track _The First Revelation (Astrix
Remix) MP3 (160k)
- track _People Can Fly Remix_ MP3 (192k)
- track _The First Revelation Part One_
MP3 (192k) off of _The
Mystery Of The Thirteen Skulls_ compilation on TIPWorld (2001)
- release _Aztechno Dream_ CD on TIPWorld (2002)
- _Crystal Skulls_
- _One God_ MP3 (192k)
- _The Ring_ MP3 (192k)
Running_ MP3 (192k)
- _Aztechno Dream_ MP3 (192k)
- _Next Life_ MP3 (192k)
- _Skunk_ MP3 (192k)
- _Artificial Beings_ MP3
- _DJ Where Are You_ MP3 (192k)
- 604 track - _Power On_ MP3 by Synchro off of the _Kitchen Sync/Power On_
- sample - "I think that's the power
trying to come back on..." by Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) in the film
_Aliens_ (vhs/ntsc) (1986)
- 604 release
_Second Wave_ by Alien Soap Opera on
Electric M.E.L.T. (2000)
- _Second Wave_ MP3
- _Voladores_ MP3
- _Artificial Dream_ MP3
- _Humaneros_ MP3
- _Voodoo Dub_ MP3 (192k)
- _Untitled_ MP3
- _Swamp_ MP3 (192k)
- _Sheesha Song_ MP3
- 604 track _Hi Izuru Tokoro (Alien Commune
Mix)_ MP3 by Ree K off
of _Yammataikoku_ on Psy Harmonics
- 604 track _Alien Airport_ MP3by The Infinity
Project off of _Orange_ compilation on TIP
- sample: "Do we really want to
know about the future?"
- 604 release _Der Exot/Lt. Ripley's
Little Pets_ MP3 (192k) 12" by Zerotonine
on Leviathan Music (2001)
- reference to Jones - the cat owned by
Lt. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) in _Alien_ (1979) & _Aliens_ (1986)
- techno track _In Space No-one Can Hear You
Scream_ MP3 by Christian
Morgenstern off of _Hawaii Blue_ 12" on Forte (2000)
- techno release
_Alien Experiments ep_ 12" by Cristian Varela on Equator #009 (2002)
- a1 _Donkey Head_
_Experimental Filters_ MP3 (192k)
- b1 _Underground
Station_ MP3 (192k)
- b2 _Alienigenas_
- techno release _You're So Alien MP3/You're So Alien (Daze Maxim Remix)/Plastic Bed
45_ 12" by Justin Berkovi on Harthouse/UCMG (1999)
- track _Appendage_ by Future Sound of
London off of _ISDN_ CD on
- sample: "Not bad for a human" @ 2:20 from the film _Aliens_
- art rock track _Alien_ MP3 (160k) by Robert Wyatt off of _Shleep_ on Thirsty Ear
- track _Far Out Son Of Lung And The Ramblings
Of A Madman_ off of _ISDN_
- "Alright...Let's see what we can
see.. Everybody online...looking good." @ 0:06 from _Aliens_
track _Maya & Aliens_ MP3 (160k) by Steve Be Zet off of _Archaic Modulation_ CD on Recycle Or
Die #005 (1993)
- ambient breakbeat track _Alien Creed_ MP3
(160k) by Omni Trio
off of _Music For The Next Millenium_ 12"x2 on Sm:)e
- track _The Alien Spoke_ MP3 (192k) by Mark Broom off of _Angie Is A Shoplifter_
12"x2 on Pure Plastic
- space rock track
_Angels vs. Aliens_ MP3 (vK) by Mogwai off
of 7" on Che Recordings #061
- hard trance track _Perfect Organism (Andy Farley Remix)_ MP3 (192k) by Prime Mover off of _Perfect Organism_ 12" on Medikal #005
- sample: "get away from her you bitch!"
- Ian Holm's character Ash describes the xenomorph as "a perfect organism"
- track _Alien Radio_ MP3 (192k) by Slam off of _Alien Radio_ 12" on Soma Recordings Limited
- hardcore punk
track _Alien_ MP3 by Mohinder
off of _Discography_ on Gold Standard Labs
- indie synth punk track _She Had Alien
Written All Over Her_ MP3 (160k) by Prima Donnas
off of _She Had Alien Written All Over Her/Break Your Fuckin' Head/Loop_
7" on Peek-A-Boo (1998)
- post hardcore
track _Mommy & Daddy Were Alien Gods_
MP3 by Thrall off of _Chemical Wedding_ on Alternative
- lo fi post rock emo track _Alienation_ MP3 by Rapture off of s/t 12" on Gravity (1999)
- hip hop track _Alien Nation_ MP3 (160k) by Celestial Squadron feat. Supernatural Zound
- spoken word beat poetry collage track _K-9 Was In Combat With Alien_
by William S. Burroughs off of _Break
Through In Grey Room_ on Sub Rosa (2001)
- track _Alienated_ MP3 by Earth Nation off of _Alienated_ CDs on Eye
- sound: this
encapsulates perfect trance before the need to differentiate between
"prog" and "psy" - around 1993. menacing, dark, yet very
positive and clean. the track achieves perfect balance of depth
and high end titillation.
- _Alienated (album
- _Alienated (earth
- _Alienated (peace
- _Alienated (clouds
- 604 track _I Had A Hallucination_ MP3
(192k) by Alien
Mutation off of _Global Psychedelic Trance_ compilation CDx2 on Spirit
- sample: "I had a hallucination in
the woods this afternoon..."
- tech-house release
_Alien Radio Remixes_ 12" by Slam on Soma
- a1 _(Darren
- b1 _(Tony Thomas
Remix)_ MP3 (192k)
- 604 track _Alien Ethernet Experience Encounter 1_ by Krang off
of _Sound Trucks Massed At Dawn_ on Psy
Discography for 604 entity Alienated
Personnel: Jeffrey D. Jensen, Michael Farnault
Byzught and Thomas Larsen
- _Free Return_ MP3
off of _Abstract Phaze_ compilation 12"x3
on Matsuri Productions (1996)
- _Injection_ MP3 (192k)
off of _Turbulence_ compilation CD
on Flying Rhino (1998)
- _Lucky Seven_ MP3
off of _Let It Rip_ compilation 12"x3
on Matsuri Productions (1997)
- _Not For Children_ MP3 (160k)
off of _Black Rhino_
_Alien_ (vhs/ntsc) (1979)
(story) and Ronald Shusett
Genre: Horror / Sci-Fi / Thriller
Tagline: In space no one can hear you scream.
Plot Outline: A mining ship, investigating an
crashes on a distant planet. The crew discovers some strange creatures
Complete credited cast:
Tom Skerritt .... Dallas
Sigourney Weaver .... Ripley
Veronica Cartwright .... Lambert
Harry Dean Stanton .... Brett
John Hurt .... Kane
Ian Holm .... Ash
Yaphet Kotto .... Parker
Bolaji Badejo .... 'Alien'
Helen Horton .... Mother
Runtime: USA:117 / UK:116 / Germany:116
Color: Color (DeLuxe)
Sound Mix: 70mm 6-Track (70mm prints) / Dolby
Certification: USA:R / UK:18 / France:-12 /
Germany:16 / Australia:M /
Norway:18 / Sweden:15 / Netherlands:12 / Finland:K-16
_Alien 3_ (1992)
- The alien's habit of laying eggs in the
stomach (which then burst out) is similar to the life-cycle of the
- The entire plot is identical to the
science fiction story _Voyage of the
Space Beagle_, by A. E. Van Vogt.
- Much of the dialog was ad-libbed.
- An early draft of the script had a male
- Veronica Cartwright was originally to play
Ripley, but producers opted for Sigourney Weaver.
- In the scene where Dallas, Kane and
Lambert are leaving the ship, the actual actors walking past the
Nostromo's landing struts are 3 children (two of whom were director 'Ridley Scott's children) dressed in scaled
down spacesuits. This has the effect of making the ship look bigger.
- A sex scene between Dallas and Ripley was
in the script, however was not filmed.
- The front (face) part of the alien
costume's head is made from a real human skull.
- The rumour that only John Hurt and the
crew knew exactly what was going to happen during the stomach-bursting
scene is false.
- _Nostromo_ is the title of a Joseph Conrad
book. "Sulaco"' is the name of the town in the book. The shuttle that
Ripley escapes on is called the "Narcissus", a reference to another
Conrad book. Ridley Scott had just directed _The Duellists_
before starting work on Alien. The film was based on Conrad's story
- Apparently, in the final scene with Ripley
and the Alien, the sounds of people having sex can be heard.
- Conceptual artist H. R. Geiger's designs
were changed several times, because of their blatant sexuality: the top
of the eggs resembled a vagina too closely.
- Extra scenes filmed
but not included, due to pacing problems:
- Ripley finds Dallas and Brett cocooned. Brett is covered in
"maggots", and begs Ripley to kill him. She does so
with a flame thrower. Tom Skerritt was upset this scene was cut because apparently they used real maggots.
- Ripley and Lambert
discuss whether Ash has sex or not
- Alternative death
scene for Brett: Ripley and Parker come across an alive Brett being
lifted from the ground
- Ripley finds
cocoons (one of which is Dallas) and destroys them with a flame
- These extra scenes were not restored to
the re-released version, probably for this reason, but possibly
because it would conflict with the subsequently released _Aliens_
(1986) view of the alien's life-cycle.
- Scott described the film thus: There's a
dreadful alien loose on the spaceship, excuse me while I go in
this dark room, on my own, for a moment.'
- soundtrack release for _Alien_ by Jerry
Goldsmith & Morton Stevens (1979)
- 1. _Main Title_
- 2. _Face Hugger_
- 3. _Breakaway_
- 4. _Acid Test_ MP3
- 5. _The Landing_
- 6. _The Droid_ MP3
- 7. _The Recovery_
- 8. _The Alien Planet_
- 9. _The Shaft_
- 10. _End Title_
- _Alien Director's Cut_ Trailer (quicktime)(16.7megs)
- Multiple proposed scripts caused
which inferred that the movie would be set on Earth. William
Gibson drafted a script in which Ripley spent most of the
in a coma.
_Aliens_ (vhs/ntsc) (1986)
- A draft of the script had Gorman being
a stinger on the tail of an alien, rather than being clobbered by
- The special edition' includes extra
parents discovering abandoned alien ship on LV-426, scenes of
discussing her daughter, Hudson bragging about his weaponry,
sentry guns repelling first alien raid, Hicks and Ripley
first names. Also included is a scene on LV-426 where a child
a low-slung tricycle similar to one ridden in _The Terminator_
also directed by James Cameron.
- The mechanism used to make the facehuggers
about in the stasis tubes in the science lab came from one of the
flying pirahnas in one of Cameron's earlier movies _Piranha II:
Spawning_ (1981). It took 9 people to make the face hugger
work; one person for each leg and one for the tail.
- The APC was modeled after an airplane tug.
- Hicks was originally played by James
Biehn replaced him a few days after principal photography began,
due to artistic differences between Remar and Cameron.
- "She thought they said `illegal aliens'
up...'' said Hudson. This line (directed towards Vasquez)
in inside joke amongst the actors. Jenette Goldstein
(Vasquez) had gone to the audition thinking the film would be
illegal immigrants. She arrived with waist-long hair and
of makeup. Everyone else was wearing military fatigues.
- The special edition includes the sound of
scurrying from left to right as the final credits fade.
- director's trademark (James Cameron):
a few minutes into the movie, we see Ripley lying in the
and then the scene fades to the picture of the earth; the earth
fits into the silhouette of Ripley's face.
- directors trademark (James Cameron):
the soldiers arrive on LV426 and jump out of the armored vehicle.
- director's trademark (James Cameron):
Ripley drives the APC, she crushes an alien's head under one of
- director's trademark (James Cameron):
of the power-lifter's feet.
- director's trademark (James Cameron):
- When Ripley confronts Burke about his
the colonists on LV426 to check out the alien-infested derelict
she says, "I just checked the colony log. Directive dated 6/12/79,
Burke, Carter J." This is not a random date: it's the release date of
original _Alien_ film.
- Ripley is seen hesitant or angry at
before and after rescueing Newt. Sigourney Weaver has a real life
fear of riding in elevators.
in _Aliens_ (vhs/ntsc), a chess
related visual pun is performed when the "queen" takes "Bishop".
track _Alien Love_ MP3
(160k) by Spacetime
Continuum and Terence McKenna
off of _Alien Dreamtime_
Hello... So like that
was an introduction, now for some preaching to the choir on the subject
of how come it is that the further in you go the bigger it gets. I
remember the very, very first time that I smoked DMT. It was sort of a benchmark you might say, and
I remember that this friend of mine that always got there first visited
me with this little glass pipe and this stuff which looked like orange
mothballs. And since I was a graduate of Dr.
Hofmann's I figured there were no surprises. So the only question I
asked is, 'How long does it last?' and he said, 'About five minutes.'
So I did it and... (long pause, audience cheers)
....there was a something, like a flower,
like a chrysanthemum in orange and yellow that was sort of spinning,
spinning, and then it was like I was pushed from behind and I fell
through the chrysanthemum into another place that didn't seem like a
state of mind, it seemed like another place. And what was going on in
this place aside from the tastefully socketed indirect lighting, and the crawling geometric
hallucinations along the domed walls, what was happening was that there
were a lot of ahh.. beings in there, what I call self - transforming
machine elves. Sort of like jewelled basketballs
all dribbling their way toward me. And if they'd had faces they would
have been grinning, but they didn't have faces. And they assured me
that they loved me and they told me not to be amazed; not to give way
to astonishment. And so I watched them, even though I wondered if maybe
I hadn't really done it this time, and what they were doing was they
were making objects come into existence by singing them into existence.
Objects which looked like Faberge eggs from Mars morphing themselves
with mandiean(sp) alphabetical structures. They looked like the concrescence of liguistic intentionality put through a kind of hyper - dimensional transform
into three-dimensional space. And these little machines offered
themselves to me. And I realized when I looked at them that if I could
bring just one of these little trinkets back, nothing would ever be
quite the same again.
And I wondered, Where
Am I? And What Is Going On? It occurred to me that these must be
holographic viral projections from an autonomous continuum that was
somehow intersecting my own, and then I thought a more elegant
explanation would be to take it at face value and realize that I had
broken into an ecology of souls. And that somehow I was getting a peek
over the other side. Somehow I was finding out that thing that you
cheerfully assume you can't find out. But it felt like I was finding
out. And it felt.. and then I can't remember what it felt like because
the little self-transforming tykes interrupted me and said, 'Don't
think about it. Don't think about who you are. Think about doing what
we're doing. Do it. Do it now. DO IT!!'
- recorded live February
27th, 1993 (8 Ak'bal (House) / 6 Kayab
(Turtle)- 203/260 - 126.96.36.199.3)