This nOde last updated December 17th, 2017 and is permanently morphing...
1. a domesticated canid, Canis familiaris, bred in many varieties.
2. any carnivore of the dog family Canidae, having prominent canine teeth and, in the wild state, a long and slender muzzle, a deep-chested muscular body, a bushy tail, and large, erect ears.
3. the male of such an animal.
4. any of various animals resembling a dog.
5. a despicable man or youth.
6. Informal. a fellow in general: a lucky dog.
7. dogs, Slang. feet.
(used with object), dogged, dogging.
1. to follow or track like a dog, especially with hostile intent; hound.
2. to drive or chase with a dog or dogs.
3. Machinery. to fasten with dogs.
1. dog it, Informal. to shirk one's responsibility; loaf on the job. to retreat, flee, renege, etc.: a sponsor who dogged it when needed most.
2. go to the dogs, Informal. to deteriorate; degenerate morally or physically: This neighborhood is going to the dogs.
3. lead a dog's life, to have an unhappy or harassed existence: He complains that he led a dog's life in the army.
4. let sleeping dogs lie, to refrain from action that would alter an existing situation for fear of causing greater problems or complexities.
5. put on the dog, Informal. to assume an attitude of wealth or importance; put on airs.
6. throw to the dogs. throw
|the morning after|
|hoodie piggyback ride bicycle|
|beagles chasing remote controlled car