last updated May 27th, 2003 and is permanently morphing...
(5 K'an (Corn) / 12 Zip - 44/260 - 220.127.116.11.4)
1. A word, phrase, verse,
or sentence that reads the same backward or forward. For example: "A man,
a plan, a canal, Panama!"
The transcription enzymes
read only the parts of the DNA
text that code for the construction of proteins and enzymes. These
passages, called "genes," represent only 3 percent of the human genome,
according to various estimates. The remaining 97 percent are not
read; their function is unknown.
Scientists have found spread out among the non-coding
parts of the text a great number of endlessly repeated sequences with no
apparent meaning, and even palindromes, which are words or sentences that
can be read in either direction. They have called this apparent gibberish,
which constitutes the overwhelming majority of the genome, "junk DNA."
Serpent: DNA And The Origins Of Knowledge_
by Jeremy Narby p. 100
- a car, a man, a maraca
- a dog! a panic in a pagoda!
- a Santa at
- a slut nixes sex in Tulsa
- a man, a plan, a canal. panama!
- a new order began. a more roman age bred rowena
- a tin mug for a jar of gum, Nita
- a toyota
- a toyota! race fast, safe car. a toyota
- age, irony, noriega
- ah! Satan sees Natasha!
- aha, Monica met a mate, Mac, in Omaha
- al lets della call ed stella
- amen enema
- Amy, must I jujitsu my ma?
- and we saw a Jawa sew DNA
- bush saw sununu swash sub
- cain! a maniac!
- cigar? toss it in a can--it is so tragic
- damn! i, Agassi, miss again! mad!
- damn it! i'm mad!
- delia saw i was ailed
- denim axes examined
- Dennis sinned.
- Dennis and Edna sinned
- desserts, i stressed!
- did i draw della too tall, edward? i did?
- do geese see god?
- doc, note. i dissent. a fast never prevents a fatness.
i diet on cod.
- dog, as a devil deified, lived as a god.
- dogma: i am god.
- don't nod!
- drab as a fool, aloof as a bard
- draw, O coward!
- draw putrid dirt upward
- E. Borgnine drags dad`s gardening robe.
- ed, i saw harpo marx ram oprah w. aside.
- egad! a base tone denotes a bad age
- Emil saw a slime
emily's sassy lime
- Emily's Sassy Lime s/t 7"
on Kill Rock Stars (1995)
- dippity do-nut
- sneaking into yer house
- bait & switch
- Emily's Sassy Lime - _Right
Is Here_ CD on X-Mas (1995)
- cadillac stinger
- hello yucko (booty mix)
- teenage heart attack
- super fm 666
- cola boy
- pineapple boys need not apply
- g.q. pimp theme song
- soda jerk
- viscosity breakdown
- eros? Sidney, my end is sore!
- Eva can ignite virtuosos out riveting in a cave.
- evil i did dwell, lewd did i live.
- evil olive
- flee to me, remote elf
- go hang a salami, i'm a lasagna hog
- god! a red nugget! afat egg under a dog!
- golf? no sir, prefer prison
- Gustav Klimt milk vats. Ug!
- he did, eh?
- I am A.I.
- I, madam. I
made radio! So I dared! Am I mad? Am I?
- I roamed under it as a tired, nude Maori
- if i had a hifi
- I'm aloof; a fool am I
- is Don Adams mad? (a nod.) si!
- lager, sir, is regal
- laminated e.t. animal
- lepers repel
- Lisa Bonet ate no basil
- lonely tylenol
- ma is a nun, as I am
- madam, iím adam
- mail liam
- man, oprah's sharp on a.m.
- Marge lets Norah see Sharon's telegram
- may a moody baby doom a yam?
- mr. owl
ate my metal worm
- murder for a jar of red rum
- "Naomi", i moan
- Ned, I am a maiden
- never odd or even
- no, I met system ion
- no, I save on final perusal--a sure plan, if no evasion
- no, it is open on one position
- no, Mel Gibson is a casino's big lemon
- no, sir! away! apapaya war is on!
- no, sir, panic is a basic in a prison
- no lemons, no melon
- not a banana
- o, Geronimo, no minor ego!
- oh no! Don Ho!
- otto did bob did otto.
- otto saw pup. pup WAS otto.
- plan no damn Madonna l.p.
- put Eliot's toilet up
- rats live on no evil star
- race car
- "Reviled did I live," said I, "as evil
I did deliver."
- rise to vote, sir
- Satan, oscillate
my metallic sonatas
- senile felines
- sir, I soon saw Bob was no Osiris
- so many dynamos!
- solo gigolos
- stab nail at ill Italian bats
- step on no pets
- star comedy by democrats
- straw? no, too stupid a fad. i put soot on warts
- stressed? no tips? spit on desserts
- ten animals I slam in a net
- Todd erases a red dot
- too bad, I hid a boot
- Tulsa night life: filth, gin, a slut
- was it a car or a cat i saw?
- was it a bar or a bat
- was it Eliot`s toilet i saw?
- we panic in a pew.
- wonder if Sununu's fired now...
- wontons? not now!
- yawn. Madonna fan? no damn way!
- yawn a more roman way!
- yo! banana
- Yo! Beg a clam in an animal cage, boy!
- Yo, Bob, mug a gumbo boy!
track _Palindrone_ by Sully off of _I Have Much To
on Nettwerk (1998)
track _I Palindrome I_ MP3
by They Might Be Giants
track _Apalindrome_ by Into Another off of s/t 12"
on Revelation (1991)