LinkInventory Cachep2p Hash
last updated December 30th, 2006 and
is permanently morphing...
(5 Caban (Earth) / 10 K'ank'in - 57/260 -
film released 1977
directed by George
founder of Industrial Light and Magic
Lucas was heavily inspired by Joseph Campbell.
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker
- gonzo grunge track _Luke Skywalker_ MP3
(192k) by Broder
Daniel off of _Saturday Night Engine_ (1995)
- Carrie Fisher - Princess Leia
- track _Leia's Charm_ MP3 by Novel 23
off of _Bip-Hop Generation v3_ on Bip Hop #005 (2001)
Ford - Han Solo
- David Prowse/James Earl Jones -
- Alec Guinness - Obi-Wan Kenobi
- (Alec Guinness appears in the film
- BEN: "An
elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand
generations the Jedi Knights
were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the
dark times, before the Empire."
- samples: "before
the dark times..."; "lock s-foils in attack position" in electro
track _Dark Times_ MP3 (192k) by The
Dexorcist off of _Dark Times_ 12" on Control Tower #002 (2001)
Star Wars concept and story inspired from Akira
Kurosawa's _The Hidden Fortress_ (vhs/ntsc) (1958)(Kakushi toride no san akunin)
trilogy consists of:
- Episode IV - _A New Hope_
- Episode V - _The Empire
- Episode VI - _The Return of the Jedi_
_The Phantom Menace_
- originally titled _Balance Of The Force_
(which in my opinion, is a much better title)
- drum and
bass release _Balance Of The Force_ by Boymerang
- Boymerang is Graham Sutton - ex
member of Bark Psychosis
- _Soul Beat Runna_
- _Mind Control_
- _Urban Space_
- _Where It's At?_
- _Secret Life_ MP3 (192k)
_The Phantom Menace_, Qui
Gong is the Chinese art of raising internal energy (the force) and a Djinn
is an arabic spirit, hence Qi Gon Jinn. Padme is Sanskrit for Lotus,
as in the mantra Om
Mani Padme Hum, Amidala sounds suspiciously like Amida, one of the Japanese names for Buddha, and Nabu is Sumerian for Saturn. "Yoda" is also
derived from the Sanskrit word for "warrior."
On my third viewing, I
noticed a familiar object hanging upside down in Anakin's room - a
Trac-Ball raquet. For those unfamiliar, a Trac-Ball set
consisted of two Lacross-like or Jai-Lai catchers made of
plastic. Two people played "catch" with it but as you "threw" the
plastic ball which glided over the ridged plastic, it gave it a weird
spin causing an unfamiliar curvature to play with. One of my fave
toys of the early eighties. - @Om* 1/22/00
re: Episode I
i take this movie for what it is.
George Lucas working with virtually unlimited resources. it
proves the validity of the cyberpunk ethic. all great hacks come
from working with what you have in front of you. innovation is
forced. Star Wars was a fluke. Empire was a well done
expansion of strategic drama. you can see the cosmology lose
itself in Return..., in exchange for a sense of conclusion for a
targeted audience... - @Om* 11/28/99
the scenes on
Yavin for Episode IV _Star Wars_ was filmed at the Mayan ruins of Tikal in Guatemala
a big reason why
Episode I doesn't work: the kid does not make me believe that he
will turn into the all out incarnation of evil. he should have
been more disturbed. they should have used the kid from _Sixth Sense_ (vhs/ntsc) (1999)- @Om* 6/4/00
in reference to the Duel Of The Fates sequence
in Episode I, The lyrics, a Sanskrit
translation of the Celtic poem "the
battle of the trees" are -
Korah Matah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah Rahtamah Yoodhah Korah
Korah Syahdho Rahtahmah Daanyah
Korah Keelah Daanyah
Nyohah Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Syadho Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah Daanyah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah Daanyah Korah Rahtahmah
Nyohah Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Syadho Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah Matah Korah Rahtahmah
Korah Daanyah Korah Rahtahmah
Nyohah Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
Syadho Keelah Korah Rahtahmah
"Khora Matha Khora Rahthama"
translates to: ''Under the tongue root, a fight most dread, /And another
rages behind in the head''
(this is translated from
Farsi) Anakin (Assyrian name) = Father : god of balance. pronounced
"Awnakeen" in Farsi-in English its "Anakin"
A(c)kbar (the Great) was a
16th-century emperor of the Mogul dynasty in India. The Arabic phrase
"Allah akbar" means "god is great."
Wedge Antilles; Captain
Antilles is a group of
islands in the Caribbean Sea, divided into Lesser and Greater chains.
scintillating. From the Latin _coruscare_, "to quiver or flash."
the Princess Leia hologram projection
industrial punk track
_Smrow-Toh_ by Babyland off of _You Suck Crap_ CD on Flipside
"...you're my only hope"
video _Star Wars Holiday Special
Part 1_ (divx/mpg)(120megs)(50:44)
video _Star Wars
Holiday Special Part 2_ (divx/mpg)(117.3megs)(44:00)
- "R2-D2 as R2-D2"
Chewbacca's family: his wife Maala, his father Itchy, his son Lumpy"
- with special guest
- Beatrice Arthur
- Art Carney
- Art gives gifts
to the Wookies on "Life Day"
- Dianne Carroll
(_Dynasty_) plays a virtual reality
personal diva for Itchy, which is the equivalent of hallucinating
pornos for grandpa
- The Jefferson
Starship entertain imperial officer through virtual reality juke box
- Harvey Corman as a
four armed television cook
Boba Fett cartoon
"The shamans will point
the way because they are visionaries, poets, cultural architects,
forecasters - all these roles that we understand in more conventional
terms rolled into one and raised to the nth power. They
are cultural models for the rest of us. It has always been true
that the shaman has access to a superhuman dimension
and a superhuman condition and thereby affirms the potential for
transcendence in all people. The shaman is an exemplar, if you
will, and I see the newattention that's
being given to these things signaling a sense on the part of society
that we need to return to these models. This is why, for
instance, in the _Star Wars_ phenomenon Skywalker, the name of a major
character, is a direct translation of the word "shaman" out of the Tungusic, which is where Siberian shamanism comes from. So these heroes;
they control a force that is bigger
than everybody and holds the galaxy together; this is true, as a
matter of fact. As we explore how true this is, the limitations
of our previous worldview will be exposed for all to see. I think
it was J.B.S. Haldane who said, 'The world may not only be stranger
than we suppose, it may be stranger than we can suppose."
- Terence McKenna - _Archaic Revival_
film _Star Trek: The
Motion Picture_ (1979)
When Spock travels
through V'ger and sees all the
incredible imagery, Darth Vader and Miss Piggy can be seen. It comes
right after his line "Who or what are we dealing with?".
/oh'bee-won` er'*r/ /n./
[RPI, from `off-by-one'
and the Obi-Wan Kenobi character in "Star Wars"] A loop of some sort in which the index is off by
1. Common when the index should have started from 0 but instead started
from 1. A kind of off-by-one error. See also zeroth.
- from _The New Hacker's Dictionary_ by Eric
- Among the props in the background aboard
the ship as the group leaves Tatooine are three Hewlett-Packard Inkjet cartridges.
- Qui-Gon Jinn identifies the Queen's
starship as a Nubian model J-327. "327" was the number of the
landing bay where the Millennium Falcon landed on the first Death Star
in _Star Wars_ (1977) as well as the number of the landing platform in
Cloud City in Star Wars: Episode V (1980).
- When Palpatine lands at Naboo at the end
of the film, he's accompanied by guards dressed in blue. The guard's
costumes are essentially the red Emperor's guards seen in Star Wars:
Episode VI (1983) without full face masks.
- Sets were built only as high as the tops
of the actors' heads; computer graphics filled in the rest. But Liam
Neeson was so tall that he cost the set crew an extra $150,000 in
- Qui-Gon Jinn's communicator is a
redecorated Sensor Excel Razor for Women.
- A pod from the Discovery in _2001: A Space Odyssey_ (1968) can be seen behind Qui-Gon in
- When the droid control ship explodes, one
large fragment is a model of the Millennium Falcon.
- The film contains no acting credit for the
character of Darth Sidious.
- After the film's end credits finish
rolling, the sound effect of Darth Vader's breathing can be heard.
- One of the battle droids that walks by
when the Princess and others are being led out under arrest has 1138
stenciled on his back.In the final battle Jar Jar knocks over a battle
droid with serial number 1138
on his back.
- Neimoidian senator Lott Dod was named
after two real-life US senators, Trent Lott (R-Mississippi) and
Christopher Dodd (D-Conneticut).
- A group of aliens resembling E.T. (from
_E.T._ (1982)) can be seen in the Galactic Senate chamber shortly after
Queen Amidala calls for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor
Valorum. Look for three of them on the lower left of your screen.
- Like a Shakespearean play, this film's
final dialogue is a rhyming couplet: "Always two there are, no more, no
less: a master and an apprentice." "But which was destroyed? The master
or the apprentice?"
- The fictional "midichlorians" described in
the film are analogous to real-life mitochondria.
- Many details of the pod race resemble the
Norwegian animation classic _Flåklypa Grand Prix_ (1975),
including the sabotage, the late start, the engine trouble, the dirty
tricks and even elements of the camerawork.
- Yoda on Dagobah is
like a shaman in the Amazon.
Strong life force can hide amongst huge life
- "star wars" - nickname for SDI (Stretegic Defense
Initiative) from the Reagan eighties. mysterious deaths abound by
scientists and engineers that worked on the project in Europe
- the language
and font used in some scenes is Aurebesh
- synonyms and analogies for "the force": "prana", "chi", "qi", "life force"
- there are 604
blue screen shots in the film _The Empire Strikes Back_
- flamenco techno breaks track _Back Up
(Zinc remix)(mixed 2:47)_ MP3 (56k) by Wookie
- track _Chewbacca_ MP3 off of the soundtrack from the film _Clerks_
- video _Bill Murray as lounge singer Nick
Winter - Nothing But Star Wars - Saturday Night Live 1978_ (mpg) (4.8megs)
- Paul Schaffer on the piano
- trailer (quicktime)(31.8megs) for Episode II
- 604 track _Vampire
Strikes Back_ MP3 (192k) by Growling
Mad Scientists and Manitu off of _Download_ compilation on 3D Vision
- 604 track _Ewoks A Gogo_ MP3 by A.B. Oblivion off of _Edges
'R' Fun_ compilation CDb on Edgecore (1999)
- rave trance hard house track _Go Back (mixed by Jon Bishop 4:36)_ MP3 by E-Wok - originally off of _Go Back_ 12" on Tidy Trax (2001)
- 604 track _Star Wars_ MP3 by Growling Mad Scientists & Systembusters
- 604 track _New Aura_
MP3 by Tandu off of _Multimoods_ on Phonokol (1997)
- samples: "Its
an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us,
penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."; "If you strike me down,
I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."; "Trust
your feelings." - Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan Kenobi in _A New
- 604 track _R2 And The Woods_ by Rastaliens
- trance release -
_The Imperial March_ 12" by Sir Round
decent trance tracks based on the melody
- (the empire mix)
- (darth & stars)
- (original mix)
- hip hop track _Hazy Shade Of Criminal_ MP3
vK) by Public Enemy off of _Greatest Misses_
- sample: "Rebel base" @ 0:21 (Note: repeated every
- hip hop track _Break
North_ MP3 by
Ultramagnetic MC's (1988)
- samples: "Rebel
base..." at the begnning and end; "Biggs, Wedge let's close it up...
we're going in, we're going in full throttle, that oughta keep those
fighters off our back..." at the end...
- track _Oolaa_ MP3 by Orbital off of _Orbital 1_ on FFRR (1991)
- sample: [a scream from Oolaa when the
slave girl is falling into the Rancor pit from Episode VI - _The Return
Of The Jedi_]
- _Oolaa (Joey Beltram Mutation)_ MP3
(192k) off of
- track _Tribal Jedi
(Ian Pooley mix)_ MP3by Carl Cox
- stoner jazz metal track _These Aren't The
Droids You're Looking For_ MP3 (192k) by Queens Of
The Stone Age off of split 12" with Beaver on Man's Ruin (1998)
- lo-fi track _I Am Star Wars!_ MP3 (160k) by Smog off of _Julius Caesar_ on Drag City
- track _Full
Throttle_ by The Prodigy
- "We're going
in; we're going in full throttle...That oughta keep those fighters of
our backs." is from _Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope_, by Luke
Skywalker during the attack on the Death Star. It was
reversed on the album to avoid copyright infringement - it was
actually sampled from the Ultramagnetic MCs track _Break North_ MP3
- Frank Oz, who plays Yoda in _Empire
Strikes Back_ and _Return
Of The Jedi_, directed the
film _The Dark Crystal_
- track _A New Hope_ MP3 (160k) by Blink 182 off of _Dude Ranch_ on Grilled
- disco track _Star Wars Theme_ MP3by Meco off of _Star Wars & Other Galactic
Funk_ 12" on Millenium (1977)
- Meco Monardo is now working as a
commodities broker in Florida. doesn't surprise me at all.
- track _Death Star_ MP3 by Praxis off of _Sacrifist_ CD on Subharmonic
- hip hop track _Lt. Worf & Chewbacca_
MP3 (192k) by Arsonists
off of _As The World Burns_ on Matador (1999)
- trance track
_Alderaan (Olmec Heads Remix)_ MP3 (160k) by Rapid Eye
- _The Simpsons Halloween Special (AKA: Treehouse of
Horror)_ [Aired October 25, 1990] Season
- Bart and Lisa swap
three horror stories in their tree house:
- Bad Dream House - The Simpsons move into a haunted
house, complete with a dimensional vortex, bleeding walls,
and an Indian burial ground.
- Hungry Are The
Damned - Aliens kidnap the Simpsons, and
invite them to a 'great feast' on Rigel 4.
- The Raven -
James Earl Jones (voice of Darth Vader in _Star Wars_) narrates Edgar
Allen Poe's classic tale starring the Simpsons. This version stays very
close to the original poem.
- video footage _Star Wars Kid: A New Hope_
- video _Turkish Star Wars_ (vhs/ntsc) - bootleg splicing of original footage
with some ridiculous storyline as well as themes from _Raiders Of The
Lost Ark_ in action sequences. horrible.
- Star Wars original screen
- harrison ford (wmv)
- terri nunn (later to
form Berlin) (wmv)
- andrew stevens (wmv)
- lisa eilbacher (wmv)
- robby benson (wmv)
- linda purl (wmv)
- kurt russell &
willialm katt (wmv)
- mark hamill (wmv)
- carrie fisher (wmv)
- eddie benton (wmv)
- video _Phantom Menace Jedi Fight Sequence_
- video documentary _The Making Of Star
- video footage of _Hardware Wars_ (vhs/ntsc)
- Star Wars Gangsta Rap (flash)(2000)
- MP3 by Bentframe
- "oww! why'd you slice off my hand?"
- track _Star Wars In 30 Seconds_ MP3 - sped up compressed version of the first trilogy
in 30 seconds flat - probably used as an ad before TPM came out
- hip hop track _Trials Of The Jedi_ MP3 by Phoenix Orion
Great Dome R2-D2 Hack
- Star Wars Trilogy -
sexually suggestive lines
- hip hop entity Jedi Mind Tricks
- release - _Generation Star Wars_ CD by
- twee pop track _When You're Right You're
Right (Darth Vader Brings In His Washing Mix)_ MP3 (160k) by Snow Patrol off of _Songs For Polar Bears_ on Jeepster (1998)
- arcade videogame _Star Wars_ by Atari (vector graphics)
(mpg) (9:00)(19.9megs) from the _CBS Star Wars
Christmas Special_ (1978) featuring the first appearance of Boba Fett
- home videogame _Star Wars_ on the Atari 1040ST
- 604 track
_Power Of The Dark Side_ by Shiva
Space Technology off of _Shiva Sidpao - The Album_ 12"x2 on Shiva Space Technology
- 604 track _C3PO_ by Antidote off of
_Electrosect_ compilation 12"x2 on Atomic
- 604 track _Chewbacca_ by Antidote
- 604 track _R2-D2_ by Banoix off of _Tales
From the Forest_ compilation CDb on Spirit
- 604 track _Flying
Saucer Landing (Dancing Yoda Mix)_ MP3 by Ubar Tmar off of _Fusion_ on Boom! (1997)
- noise track _Rebel Transmission_ MP3 (192k) by Bastard Noise off of _Merzbow/Bastard
Noise_ split on Release (1996)
- holiday novelty track _R2D2 We Wish You A
Merry Christmas_ MP3 (192k) by Meco &
Jon Bongiovi off of _Star Wars: Christmas In The Stars_ 12" (1980)
- yes, this is before he formed Bon Jovi.
album is credited to Meco
- techno release _Sandcrawler EP_ 12" by
Hoschi presents Monika Kruse on Primevil #8 (1998)
- _Sandcrawler_ MP3 (160k)(mixed)
- _Decent Jumper_
- _Day Break_
- 604 track _Star Wars_ MP3 (192k) by Xerox
& Freeman off of _Trance Mix 8_ compilation 12"x2 on Melodia
- IDM techno release _Bantha Trax_ 12" by
Tusken Raiders (aka Mike Paradinas aka U-Ziq) on Clear (1995)
- _Raider Beetz_
- _Tatooine Sunset_ MP3
- _Gadeffi Stick_
- _Sexy Sandpeople_
- _Beatnik #3_
- techno track _Thunder Wookie_ MP3 (192k) by Andrei Morant off of _Logan Square ep_ 12"
on Blueline Music #004
- techno track _Moss
Eisley (Chris Liebing Remix)_ MP3 by DJ Banti
off of _Moss Eisley_ 12" on D3 #010 (1999)
- 604 track _Slewake_ by Western Rebel
Alliance off of _White Rhino_ compilation on Flying Rhino
- IDM track _Chewbacca On Crack_ MP3 by Push Button Objects off of _Half Dozen_ 12"
on Chocolate Industries #014 (2000)
- IDM techno track _Welcome.Home.R2_ MP3 by The Kosmik Kommando off of _Frequenseize_
12"x2 on Rephlex #010 (1993)
Star Wars (1977)
- TK-421 is the stormtrooper with the "bad
transmitter" in _Star Wars_. In the film _Boogie Nights_
(vhs/ntsc), when Buck
Swope (Don Cheadle of _Traffic_) is trying to sell a stereo, he calls
the "special modification" the "TK-421" which apparently "gives you
more bass and adds 4 more quads per channel."
- sampled in 604
track _Bass Monster_ MP3 (192k) by Cydonia off of _Powder_ compilation on Atomic
- Buck: "so basically you're getting
twice the bass with the TK-421, you got yourself a system here..."
- customer: "I don't know - do I
need that much bass?"
- Buck: "oh, i think you need all
- in the film _Raiders Of The Lost Ark_
(vhs/ntsc) : Jock's
airplane at the beginning has the registration number OB-3PO; The
hieroglyphics in the map room include engravings of R2-D2 and C-3PO,
however they do not appear on film.
- in the film _Indiana Jones & The
Temple Of Doom_: In the beginning of the movie after Indie drops
into Shortrounds car, you can see the name of the cafe is "Cafe ObiWan."
- Director George Lucas had trouble getting
funding for _Star Wars_, most studios thinking that people
wouldn't go to see it.
- The Director's Guild of America (DGA)
didn't like the fact that there were no specific credits at the
beginning of the film. They "ordered" Lucas to recut
the film and put some credits at the beginning. Lucas refused,
claiming that this would destroy the opening of the film. The DGA
fined Lucas, who paid up, and promptly quit the DGA.
- Derived from (among other things) a Japanese movie called _The Hidden
Fortress_ (1958) . Obi Wan Kenobi was modeled after a Samurai
warrior, and C-3PO and R2-D2 are derived from a couple of petty crooks
he conscripted to help rescue a princess.
- The word "Jedi"'
is derived from the Japanese words "Jidai Geki"' which translate
as "period drama.'' A period drama is a Japanese TV soap
opera program set in the samurai days. Lucas mentioned in
an interview that he saw a "Jidai Geki'' program on TV while in
Japan a year or so before the movie was made and liked the word.
- Sissy Spacek originally cast as Leia, but
when Carrie Fisher refused to do the nude scenes in _Carrie (1976)_,
they swapped roles.
- Jodie Foster was Lucas' second option for
Princess Leia, Christopher
Walken was second in line for Han Solo. Lucas also
considered Nick Nolte for the role of Solo.
- video (asf)(4.4megs) - Saturday Night Live skit with Kevin Spacey
playing Christopher Walken auditioning for the role of Han Solo
- A great deal of the film was shot by
vintage 1950's VistaVision cameras, because they were of higher
quality than any others available. After the film was released,
the prices of these cameras skyrocketed.
- The episode number and subtitle "A New
Hope'' did not originally appear in the film's opening crawl.
These were added in a later re- release to be consistent with those
seen in _The Empire Strikes Back_ (vhs/ntsc) (1980).
- There is a rumor that while Lucas and a
co-worker were editing _American Graffiti (1973)_, the
co-worker asked Lucas for "Reel Two, Dialog Two'', which
abbreviated to "R2-D2'', a name which stuck in Lucas' mind.
- Scene of escape pod leaving Leia's ship
was the first ever done by ILM.
- drum and
bass track _Escape Pod_ MP3 (192k) by Accidental
- indie electronic track _Escape Pod (From
The World Of Medical Observations)_ MP3 (vK) by Stereolab off of _The Free Design_ 7" on
- title of release is in reference to
the 70's era sunshine pop band from Canada, The Free Design
- C-3PO originally scripted as a "used car
salesman'' type, and designed after the robot from _Metropolis_ (1926).
- The Tatooine scenes were filmed in
Tunisia. There is a town in Tunisia called
"Tatahouine''. Some of the interiors of Luke's house were
filmed in a hotel in Tunisia.
- The sounds of the lasers were made by
striking one of the wires of a power pylon.
- There is a rumor that Anthony Daniels
(C-3PO) was having trouble timing his conversations with R2-D2, as
R2-D2's dialog was to be dubbed
in later. Supposedly, Daniels asked Lucas to make some kind of
noise to help him, but when Lucas forgot, the matter was dropped.
- Chewbacca was modeled after Lucas' dog,
- After Luke destroys the Death Star and is
getting out of his fighter, Leia runs over and he shouts "Carrie!"
instead of Leia. [This has been confirmed by George Lucas as what Mark
Hamill actually shouted. However, he said that because the scene
involved so many extras, he went with it because it's not that obvious
and would have taken too long to reorganize.]
- A lot of the techno-goodies were borrowed
from _Dune_ (the book, not the movie).
The flying needle device, the fight training ball used by the Jedi are
examples, and there is even a reference early on about a "spice
freighter". These are all direct lifts from the first novel.
- C-3PO loses an arm when attacked by the
Sandpeople. Ben cuts off a creature's hand in the Cantina.
- The following characters "have a bad
feeling about this'': Luke and Han.
- A small pair of metal dice can be seen
hanging in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon as Chewbacca makes
preparations to depart from Mos Eisley. They don't appear in subsequent
- Han and Luke "transfer'' Chewbacca from cell
block 1138: Lucas directed a film called _THX 1138_ (vhs/ntsc). (1970) "THX-1138'' was going to be the serial
number of the guard with the faulty transmitter on the Death Star, but
this was changed.
- Harrison Ford
deliberately didn't learn his lines for the intercom conversation in
the cell block, so it would sound spontaneous.
- When the stormtroopers enter the room
where C-3PO and R2-D2 are hiding, one of them "accidentally" bumps his
head on the door, complete with sound effects
- Scenes featuring Luke and his Tatooine
friend "Biggs" were cut from the film. Biggs was a young pilot
who left the Imperial Academy to join the Rebellion. Luke
mentions him to his "aunt" and "uncle" during the breakfast
scene, and the character later shows up as a Rebel pilot who
accompanies Luke down the final run on the Death Star trench (and is
killed by Darth Vader).
- A New Hope Deleted Biggs Darklighter
- James Earl Jones supplied the voice of Darth
Vader, but specifically requested that he not be credited, as he felt
he had not done enough work to get the billing. David Prowse was
supposedly extremely annoyed at not being told that his voice would be
- Cardboard cutouts are used for some of the
background starfighters in the Rebel hanger bay.
- Mark Hamill held his breath for so long
during the trash compactor scene that he broke a blood vessel in his
face. Subsequent shots are from one side only.
- Denis Lawson, plays Wedge Antilles,
despite his name being misspelt in the credits as "Dennis Lawson'';
Denis Lawson's nephew, Ewan McGregor (_Trainspotting_
(vhs/ntsc) (1996)), was
cast as young Obi-Wan Kenobi in _The Phantom Menace_. McGregor
was once roommates with Jude Law of _A.I._
- The final battle has been described as
borrowed from _The Dam Busters_ (1954), but much more closely
resembles one in _633 Squadron_ (1964).
- Most of the crowd watching the heroes
receive their medallions are cardboard cutouts.
Star Wars (1977)
Directed by George Lucas
Writing credits George Lucas
Genre: Adventure / Action / Sci-Fi
Tagline: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far
Cast overview, first billed only:
Mark Hamill .... Luke Skywalker
.... Han Solo
Carrie Fisher .... Princess Leia Organa
Peter Cushing .... Grand Moff Tarkin
Alec Guinness .... Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Anthony Daniels .... C-3PO
Kenny Baker .... R2-D2
Peter Mayhew .... Chewbacca
David Prowse .... Lord Darth Vader
Phil Brown .... Uncle Owen Lars
Shelagh Fraser .... Aunt Beru Lars
Jack Purvis .... Chief Jawa/Praying Mantis
(Kitik Keed'kak)/Power Droid (EG-6)
Alex McCrindle .... General Dodonna
Eddie Byrne .... Commander Willard
Drewe Henley .... Red Leader
Also Known As:
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope (1980) (USA: new
MPAA: Rated PG for sci-fi violence and brief
Runtime: USA:121 / USA:125 (special edition)
Color: Color (Technicolor)
Sound Mix: 70mm 6-Track (70mm prints) / DTS 70mm
(special edition) (70mm prints)
(Europe) / DTS (special edition) / Dolby Digital (special edition) / Dolby (35mm prints) / SDDS (special edition)
Certification: USA:PG / UK:U / Finland:K-8 (special edition) / Germany:12
(bw) / Germany:6 (special edition) (w) / Netherlands:AL / Australia:PG / Portugal:M/12 /Spain:T
(special edition) / Sweden:11 / Norway:11 / Finland:K-12
- film score soundtrack release _Star Wars: A
- _Binary Sunset (Alternate Take)_ MP3
by John Williams (1977)
- _The Trash Compactor_ MP3 (192k)
- _The Battle Of Yavin_ MP3 (192k)
- film _Human Traffic_ (vhs/ntsc) (1999) directed by Justin Kerrigan
THREEPIO: "I've got to rest before I fall
apart. My joints are almost frozen."
- track _Sand In My Joints_ MP3 by Wire
off of _Chairs Missing_ (1978)
first mention of Star Wars on Usenet:
From: azure!randals (azure!randals)
Subject: Re: Star Wars III ? -- it should be Star
Date: 1982-06-08 22:53:31 PST
"Revenge of theJedi"...
Episode 6 in the Star Wars saga, has just finished filming, according
to some friends I have down in Arizona.
The release date for us humans that want to see
it is still the summer of 1983. I guess it takes that long to
score all the music, do all the film-editing, prepare all the promo
material, and all that junk.
I wish Lucas
& Co. would get the thing going a little faster. I can't
really imagine waiting until 1997
to see all nine parts of the Star Wars series.
Here's a trivia question for other fellow
addicts of Star Wars:
everyone knows that the original "Star Wars" was
4 in the series, and "The Empire Strikes Back"
out there knows the new correct TITLE of Episode 4?
Don't get me wrong -- the thing is still called Star Wars
millions of people, but there is a specific title that
what episode 4 is about. That's what I'm looking
Send replies to:
I'll publish the correct title in about a week.
Randal L. Schwartz (Ran-dahl Calrizzian)
Tektronix Microcomputer Development Products
Beaverton, Oregon (ORR-i-gun, not AWWW-ree-GONE!!)
P.S. How many people have seen SW more than 22
times in the theatre, or at triple speed on video tape (boy, that's
LinkInventory Cachep2p Hash
Star Wars Origami