Telex External Link Internal LinkInventory
last updated December 17th, 2004 and is permanently morphing...
(Jaguar) / 17 Mac - 94/260 - 18.104.22.168.14)
- Approximately 730,000 personal computers are
- Seagate Technologies develop the first hard
drive for the microcomputer, featuring five megabytes of storage.
- Apple computer
magazine _Nibble_ is started by Mike Harvey.
- Ted Turner's 24 hour news channel CNN (Cable
News Network) begins broadcasting, with 2.4 million subscribers.
- First issue of Computer Shopper is published.
- _Star Wars: The
Empire Strikes Back_ (vhs/ntsc)is the top
grossing movie of the year, pulling in $290,158,751 domestically in
- Satellite Software International is founded,
and releases Word Perfect 1.0.
- Commodore president Jack Tramiel announces
plans at a strategy meeting in London, England to produce a $300
USD personal computer.
- Alfred Hitchcock dies.
- Fed up with Gary Kildall's Digital Research
delays with porting a version of its CP/M operating system to their
line of computers, Seattle Computer Products decides to create an OS
themselves. Employee Tim Patterson begins work on it.
- Steve Ballmer goes to work for Microsoft.
- John Lennon (The Beatles) is
assassinated while entering his apartment building in New York.
- Paul McCartney (The Beatles) spends ten days
in prison in Japan for possession
- Speak and Spell is released by Texas
- New "Tonight Show" guest host and rising star
David Letterman's doomed morning program "The David Letterman Show"
hits the airwaves weekdays on NBC from 10-11:30am. After introducing
such concepts as kamakazi steet interviews, roaming remotes from
inside NBC's New York headquarters and "Stupid Pet Tricks", as well as
winning two Emmy awards, the show is cancelled in 19 weeks despite
viewers' protests to keep it on the air.
- Microsoft signs a deal with IBM to port BASIC
over to the new IBM PC. IBM gets a cold shoulder from Killdall and
Digital Research about using the CP/M operating system as the PC's
Disk Operating System (DOS).
- Tim Berners-Lee begins toying with the idea of
HTML, the language of the World Wide
- Commodore releases the VIC-20, selling for $300
USD. One million units are sold.
- Over 78,000 Apple II's are sold.
- Paul Allen purchases Seattle Computer's Quick
and Dirty Operating System (QDOS) for under 100,000
dollars. After some modifications Microsoft renames it
MS-DOS and it is integrated into IBM's PC.
- Apple Computers goes public, selling 4.6
million shares at $22 a share.
- The CD-Audio standard is created by Sony and
- Communication theorist Marshall
McLuhan dies of a stroke.
- indie pop/indie rock track _I Hate The 80's_ MP3 by The Vaselines off of _Sex
With An X_ 12" on Sub Pop #889 (2010)
- There was you and MTV
Pink speed emptied me
There goes the DayGlo generation
What's my motivation?
like a Rubik's
Didn't notice we got screwed
Now the party's over
Nothing left but the hangover
What do you know?
You weren't there
It wasn't all
You want the truth?
Well, this is it
I hate the '80s
'Cause the '80s were shit
You put a bullet in a Beatle
Started beating on the people
A wall that wasn't there
A war that lead nowhere
And it's all coming down
No point in hanging around
But where did that girl go
And what did that boy know?
- electro release _Forget The 80's_ 12" by Decal on
Satamile #008 (2001)
- a1 _Riptide_
- b1 _Prepare To Merge_
- b2 _Stay Dazed_
- breakbeat techno track _Decayed Decade_ MP3
by Dave Tarrida off of _Postmortem Pop_ 12" on Tresor #126 (1999)
- hard rock release _Roky
Erickson & The Aliens_ 12" (blue transparent
vinyl) by Roky
Erickson & The Aliens
- a2) _I Think Of Demons_ MP3
- _Academy Fight Song MP3
/ Max Ernst_ MP3
7" by Mission Of Burma on Ace Of Hearts
- _Ethics_ by 23 Skidoo
- _Back In Black_ by AC/DC
- _British Steel_ by Judas Priest
- _Remain In Light_ 12" by
- 2. _Crosseyed & Painless_ MP3
- 6. _Seen & Not Seen_ MP3 (192k)
- _Freedom Of Choice_ 12"
- _Sandanista!_ 12"x3
by The Clash
- _Permanent Waves_ by Rush
- _Moving Pictures_ 12"
- Recorded and mixed at Le Studio, Morin Heights, Quebec, during
October & November 1980
- _Uprising_ 12" by Bob Marley &
- _Los Angeles_ 12" by X
(produced by Ray Manzarek of The Doors)
- _Heaven And Hell_ 12" by Black
- one fucking amazing come back album.
the diminutive Dio on vocals
- _The Age Of Plastic_ 12"
by The Buggles - hail hail the age of video
Internal LinkInventory Cache
- text adventure game _Zork:
The Great Underground Empire_
- classic coin-op videogame _Defender_
is released by pinball manufacturer Williams
- classic vector graphic coin-op videogame _Tempest_
is released by Atari