Internal LinkInventory Cache
last updated February 20th, 2005 and is permanently morphing...
Cauac (Storm Cloud) / 2 Kayab (Turtle) - 159/260 - 126.96.36.199.19)
THX sound system
_THX 1138_ (vhs/ntsc)(1970)
"THX" stands for "Tomlinson Holman's
eXperiment''. Tomlinson Holman was a friend of director George
Lucas, and inventor of the THX sound system used extensively by Lucas.
_American Graffiti_ (1973)
License plate on John Milner's deuce coupe is
_Star Wars_ (vhs/ntsc)(1977)
_A New Hope_ the cell block in the Death Star that
Leia is held in is cell block 1138.
_The Empire Strikes
General Rieekan says, "Send Rogues ten and eleven to
_ Raiders of the Lost Ark_ (vhs/ntsc) (1981)
When Indy is fighting the bald guy the number on the
wing of the plane is THX-1138
_The Phantom Menace_ (vhs/ntsc) (1999)
One of the battle droids that walks by when the
Princess and others are being led out under arrest has 1138 stenciled on
his back. In the final battle Jar Jar knocks over a battle droid with
serial number 1138 on his back.
At Disney World, while you're
waiting for Star Tours, an announcement says (something like) "Will the
owner of a landrover with vehicle number THX 1138 please move your
vehicle? You're parked in a non-hovering zone."
- 604 track _Neuro Tunnel_
MP3 (160k) by Man With No Name
- sample: "for more enjoyment and greater
efficiency, consumption is being standardized..."; "i need
something...stronger..." - Robert Duvall
- track _F862_ by Doubting Thomas off of _The
- sample: "[noise] What's wrong?";
"[noise] What's wrong? Nevermind."
- track _Omega Amigo_
by The Shamen off of _En-Tact_ (1990)
- sample: "My time
- drum and bass track
_Police State_ MP3 by T-Power
- "failure to report may result in
prosecution for criminal drug evasion..."
- track _Memories Of Sound_
by Clock DVA off of _Man Amplified_ CD on Contempo
- "Performance perfect is perfect
- "I was so afraid"
- "I wanted to touch you..."
- "...so many times"
- track _Man Amplifiers_ by ClockDVA
off of _Man Amplified_ CD on Contempo 1992
- sample: "...combining with economic
advantages of the linking structure far surpasses any
disadvantages in increased perversions, a final note, an infinite translated mathematics,
tolerance and charity among artificial memory
devices is ultimately binary. Stimulating rhetoric,
absolute. The theatre of noise is proof of our potential..."
- experimental drum and bass
noise track _Something Stronger_ MP3 (160k) by DJ Scud
off of _Mash The Place Up_ compilation 12"x2 on Wabana Ore Limited
- industrial breakbeat track _Your Mind Belongs To
The State_ MP3 (192k) by Meat Beat Manifesto off of _Satyricon_ on
- industrial metal/alternative metal track _Mr.
Self Destruct_ MP3 by Nine Inch Nails off of _The
Downward Spiral_ 12"x2 (picture disc) on Nothing (1994)(2010)
- The opening sounds of "Mr. Self Destruct" are a sample from the film
THX 1138 in which a man is being beaten by a prison guard.
- big beat track _I Need Something Stronger_ MP3
(vK) by Apollo 440 off of _Millenium Fever_ CD on
Stealth Sonic Recordings (1995)
- track _Next Day In The Course Of Time_
by Babyland off of _Total Letdown_ CD on Flipside
- track _Regime Of Coincidence, State Of Gravity_
by Laibach off of _Kapital_ (1992)
- "Could you be more... specific?"
- "I need something stronger"
- "What's wrong?"
- "Take 4 red capsules, in ten minutes take
- "My time is yours"
- "Our voices are not raised in any
- "But our differences are differences of
- "We need a new unity!"
- "We must first choose a leader."
- "One idea to get us out of here!"
- "Now don't tow the line here, this is
- "I'm picking up your scene"
- "Take your sedation"
- "Yes, fine"
- "Mind block restricted"
- "Retract something is touching"
- "Back off for a second, just back off"
- "Cut the mind block"
- minimal techno release _THX: Experiments
compilation CD on Minus #010 (2002)
- Based on George Lucas's 1971 science fiction
film THX-1138, this song reflects the anonymity attached to living
with a number for a name in a 25th century police state. - Mark
Kenndy - _The Misfits Book_ regarding track _We Are 138_ MP3 by The
- The main police droid number is 23.
THX 1138:4EB (1967)
Genre: Sci-Fi /
Plot Outline: While monitored and pursued, a man
races to escape through a futuristic labyrinth.
Complete credited cast:
Dan Natchsheim .... 1138
Joy Carmichael .... 7117
David Munson .... 2222
Marvin Bennett .... 0480
Ralph Steel .... 9021
Also Known As:
Electronic Labyrinth (1967)
Sound Mix: Mono
THX 1138 (1970)
Cast overview, first billed only:
Robert Duvall (_Apocalypse Now!_) ....
Donald Pleasence .... SEN 5241
Don Pedro Colley .... SRT
Maggie McOmie .... LUH 3417
Ian Wolfe .... PTO
Marshall Efron .... TWA
Sid Haig .... NCH
John Pearce .... DWY
Irene Forrest .... IMM
Gary Alan Marsh .... CAM, the radical
John Seaton .... OUE
Eugene I. Stillman .... JOT
Raymond Walsh .... TRG
Mark Lawhead .... Shell Dweller in Prison
Robert Feero .... Chrome Robot
Color: Color (Technicolor)
Sound Mix: Mono
External Link Internal LinkInventory Cache